Linguine with prawns is a typical fish-based first course of Italian cuisine, prepared with a base of fresh shellfish, that creates a delicious fumet, prawns cleaned and cooked in a sauce of cherry tomatoes, garlic, chilli pepper and parsley, with part of the prawns blended into a cream which, in well-rationed times, will become the creamy and succulent condiment to cook the linguine “risotto-style” to perfection for an amazing result!
Sgambaro Yellow Label Linguine 100% Italian wheat, with rough texture and full body, they never get overcooked and capture the dressing impeccably!
Try them for Valentine’s Day and the most special occasions, you will amaze everyone with the best prawn linguine ever!
Ingredients (for 4 people)
320 g Sgambaro yellow label linguine
1 Kg of prawns
3 spoonfuls of extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves
10 cherry tomatoes
1 chilli pepper
1) shell the prawns by carefully cutting from the inside, leaving only the tails intact. Keep the shells in a pot. In the shell pot, add 3 spoonfuls of extra virgin olive oil, 1 clove of garlic, one bunch of whole parsley, brown for 1 minute, then deglaze with 1/2 glass of white wine and let it evaporate completely. Add 2 glasses of water and let it simmer for 40 minutes. Lastly, filter the obtained fumet with a small sieve and set aside
2) cut the cherry tomatoes in half and sauté them for 2 minutes with 1 clove of peeled garlic, 2 spoonfuls of oil, 1 small chilli pepper and chopped parsley, add all of the prawns and let them cook for 3 minutes with a lid
3) remove the cherry tomatoes and set them aside, also remove the prawns so that only the base remains. Use an immersion blender to blend 10 prawns, so as to obtain a cream.
4) Cook the linguine for about 3 minutes.
5) Place the linguine directly in the pan with the cooking base, with 2 ladlefuls of boiling fumet and let it thicken on a medium flame adding cooking water as needed until the pasta is al dente.
6) A few minutes before completing the cooking time, add the blended prawn cream, a drizzle of oil, chopped parsley, and lastly add the cherry tomatoes and whole prawns, thicken for 1 minute and plate.
Recipe by Simona Mirto (FB and IG @tavolartegusto)